18 August 2013

Autism and The Tooth Fairy




Our little boy DOES believe in the Tooth Fairy.

Here's his latest letter to her:

"Hello I lost another tooth and it had a cavity in it I will promise
to brush my teeth (smile face drawn here) p.s can you give me three
dollars and two dime for me  PLS From Braxton (heart drawn here)"

SO the cavity was a tiny one. I had to put my glasses on to see it.
ACTUALLY it wasn't a cavity but a piece of black pepper. He
had just eaten then he decided to PULL his moler out. It was
just wiggling and he couldn't take that anymore. It was interrupting
his eating his steak. NOTHING is going to interfere with his steak.

BUT this Mommy was happy that he thought that it was a cavity and
NO I'M NOT telling him it wasn't. He struggles with brushing his
teeth. The motion, and feeling of the brush really upsets him emotionally.
It's a sensory issue. SO, the thought that the Tooth Fairy won't EVER
visit him again because he had what he thought was a cavity, may be
the winning ticket to brushing after he eats.

So I asked him why he wanted three dollars. "I  don't know why I'm
getting one dollars. They just sit in my piggy bank. They just sit there and
collecting".  Then I asked him why he wanted the TWO dimes?   "Well,
Daddy just gives me the quarter and the penny. So I asked the Tooth
Fairy to give the the Dime. Now I have the dime in my piggy bank too".

Interesting. He doesn't even have a piggy bank. He decided he didn't want
a piggy bank. He saw on the Brady Bunch (show) that they broke their
piggy bank with a hammer and it really upset him.

Thanks Tooth Fairy!



No comments:

Post a Comment